Monday, July 11, 2005

Rhapsodies in blue

For God's Sake Stop Me!!

I have discovered the delights of Comcast cable's "Rhapsody" service. And it is the work of the DEVIL.

For those of you unfamiliar with this service, it operates on a similar principle to my much-missed Napster. A bunch of songs you haven't heard in a million years, and you can add them to a playlist and - and - and get LOST FOR FREAKING HOURS in the process! And then, gentle reader, they have you. And boy do they have you. For it appears that you can download these songs to your own little playlist, and listen to them as long as you are connected to the Rhapsody server. BUT to actually burn them to CD, you have to pay an additional amount on top of the quarterly fee for the service - for each track! But...but...this is CRUEL!

Here I am listening to "Sixty Eight Guns" by The Alarm, and knowing that I can't actually listen to it at any other time but when I'm chained to the computer and plugged into the server is IMMORAL!! Now I can understand that you have to pay a fee to download the songs. Napster is no more and never will be again. *sobs* But I don't understand the concept of paying a fee for the service and then paying additional fees to download the tracks on your playlist to a CD so that you can take it with you to the supermarket.

A pox on them. And yeah...I can count. And I don't intend to be with this service any longer than my 14 day free trial. For they are INFERNAL and MONEY-GRUBBING and- and- omigod...'This is Not America - David Bowie & Pat Metheny Group'.

Aieeeeee!!! They TORTURE ME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home