Tuesday, July 26, 2005

All growed up

Sitting here waiting for my latest assignment from The Big Office In New York to show up in my inbox, my gaze wanders over to Xander, the Colt Boy, the youngest of the Teen Peeps, my baby.

He came in here to spend some time with me, discussing recipes and curry variations, and jubbbly memories of my youth, and watch The People's Court. We've a similar sense of humor, he and I - a similar sense of the ridiculous - so he's fun to watch TV and veg out with sometimes.

While I was watching the show, I noticed that his breathing had deepened, and looked over to the other pillow to see he'd fallen asleep. That's always a trip for me, cause it means I can look at a squirmy adolescent without them squirming away in embarrassment.

It's astonishing to me that he was ever a tiny baby, this huge 6 foot plus manling. Head to foot he was smaller than the length of his forearm.

Where have the years gone?
*sob*

1 Comments:

Blogger 'Lema said...

Awwww. It's okay, mum. You still have little old me!!! I think I've reached full height already!!! No more growin'!

~Lema

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home